Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Common On His New Album...



Rapper Common talks with MTV about his new album and his sources of income. Here's what he had to say:

"I'm looking around November, I'm working on a new album called The Believer. I'm just getting in the mode. I been touring a lot and been working on verses here and there. Now, I'm starting to get focused on the album, letting it take its shape. And at the same time I'll be working on films, God willing."

About his sources of income he said:

"I feel a lot more free with my music now that I'm doing films and stuff, because I don't put as much pressure on the music. It ain't my only source of income and way to make a living."

Umm, there you have it. Come on, we knew that Common was far from a starving rapper, however sometimes you need that hunger in your lyrics. We only hope that he isn't too comfortable in giving us Electric Circus' and Finding Forevers well, forever...

Read the rest of the article over at MTV.com Here.

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin