Saturday, January 10, 2009

Umm...Kanye Wants To Pose Nude...



So apparently in the Vibe Magazine article, Mr. West had some choice words regarding where he would like to expand his vision in the near future:

" Kanye West has become a worldwide music icon by always telling us the naked truth as he sees it. In the February issue of Vibe - the only cover story he's done to promote 808s & Heartbreak - the Grammy winner contemplates baring even more than that.

'I made a decision. I wanna make popular music, but I want less fans,' when asked if he was comfortable with fame. 'I want the freedom of having less fans. It's like the freedom of having less money. If you have less money, you have less responsibility. It's like Björk. If she wanted to pose naked, you'd be like, 'Oh, that's Björk.' But if I wanted to pose naked, people would draw all type of things into it. I definitely feel like, in the next however many years, if I work out for two months, that I'll pose naked. I break every rule and mentality of hip-hop, of black culture, of American culture.'

(Kanye had some things to say about his photo on the magazine's cover, too.)

Kanye clarified that by 'less fans' he meant having a core of 20,000 devotees who understand him, rather than a swell of 100,000 "fly-by-night" followers who just favor him because he's the hot thing out.

West also gave his take on some of his peers, telling the publication that he refuses to say anything negative about fellow performers, but has no problem giving praise where it is due.

'I believe Beyoncé is the greatest performer of our generation,' he offered. 'I believe I am the greatest entertainer of this generation. I go neck-and-neck on Jay-Z and [Lil] Wayne as far as who's the best lyricist. Jay-Z has longevity."

MTV News' reigning Hottest MC in the Game also discussed his singing efforts on 808s & Heartbreak, calling the album his top project ever and the most resonate LP of 2008.
"

Kanye...



Cool it. Now.

Kanye's Blog

2 comments:

SICKNESS said...

No he did not.

Anonymous said...

WTF of the day right here.
Doesn't get more cocky than that.

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin