Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kanye Covers Vibe Magazine, Needs A Hug...



KanyEmo West covers this months issue of Vibe Magazine.

It's funny how they gave his beard the tattered, broken-man greyish look. Inside the issue he speaks about his run-ins with the paparazzi and controling his temper as well as the misperceptions people may have of him.

Kanye on Putting out his greatest album with 808s:

" 'I could have put it out as a mixtape. I always wanted to do a mixtape called T-Pain Style. And I was like, if these songs are good as hell, why not put it out as a real album? And who’s to say what's a mixtape , what’s an album. I aint have to drop an album either. What I do at this point is a gift.

And I think people are complaining about their gift. They can either play with it or not! But don’t complain to me about the gift. There’s guys out there, nobody spoke on our behalf before. Whatever about the singing. F*ck all the singing, f*ck all the Auto-Tune, f*ck the He’s A Rapper, he’s not a rapper, he’s going through something, he has to get this out of his system, he’s crazy.

F*ck all that. It’s men out there who have never had anyone to speak on their behalf about the way they feel in a relationship. We don’t feel like, ‘F*ck you, bitch, I’m going to f*ck a whole bunch of girls’. NO! We feel hurt. We feel pain. Like, ‘Damn, why would you say something like that to me? Damn, I LOVE YOU. Damn, I want to have a family. Damn, I want to find someone to raise my kids. Damn, my baby mama’s a bitch. Or she’s not a bitch’.

That more than anything-more than the way I wanted to deliver this art-is the message behind 808’s.'
"

"What I do at this point is a gift." - Kanye West

Gully.

Pick up the February issue of Vibe now.

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin