Sunday, December 30, 2007

That's Love






Vashtie, also known as Pharrell's love interest, directed a video for the rap group CRS for their song "Us Placers". She literally made it with the clothes off of her back...sort of. She expresses her love for the game and homage to the original that inspired the latter in this quote.

“Here’s the latest video I directed. I wasn’t commissioned to do it, so I spent my own dough to make it. I wanted to make a video for this song because I was obsessed with both the original Thom Yorke version and the Kanye West Mixtape version. It was a lot of fun to make. Most of the clothing is mine, like little Pharrell’s whole wardrobe. The props are mine, like the Brooklyn Machine Works bike and the Supreme “Last Supper” decks. That’s actually Plain Pat in the video, Kanye’s A&R.” -Via Vashtie Kola

Dope video, very abstract way of preserving the art of Hip-Hop. After all, this genre is all about doing it on the strength of love. Respect.

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin